The term ‘public liability’ covers a wide range of accidents that happen in public places. The most common type of public liability claim is a trip or slip claim, but since these are so common they tend to be put in their own category (see Trip and Slip Claims).

Claim Now

We will get in touch with you.

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

  • Some common examples of other public liability accidents include injuries on badly managed stock in retail stores, food poisoning in restaurants and injuries on unsafe equipment in school playgrounds.
  • Generally speaking, the person responsible for the area owes a duty of care to all visitors and must ensure that the area is free from dangerous objects or defects.
  • Sufficient steps must be taken to oversee the safety of the public and if injury occurs through negligence, then you can claim for full compensation.
  • Additionally, when making a CICA claim you can also enquire with the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. This is a free service and is an alternative to using a solicitor.

Making a Public Liability Claim

If you have had an accident whilst on public property within the last three years, due to the negligence of the owner or operator of that property, and have been injured  then one of our specialist solicitors may be able to claim compensation on your behalf.

The minimum amount of compensation for pain and suffering is £1000 but this will increase depending on the severity of your injuries. We at Accidents Direct aim to ensure that all of our clients receive the maximum amount of compensation that they are entitled to.

Making a public liability claim is easy with Accidents Direct. We work with some of the best public liability solicitors in the UK who tailor their advice to your specific accident. They will be able to guide you through the whole claims process and ensure you are kept well informed about any developments in your case.

For more information about whether you can make a claim, simply call us free or fill out our online form and someone will call you back.

Call 0800 180 4001 to speak to our advisers.
We are available 24/7.