Prestige car hire insurance
Over the past few years, the car hire market has witnessed a surge in policies arranged
for prestige self-drive hire cars.
This comes after a huge increase in exotic, high-performance and luxury car rentals.
Hire firms are therefore commonly renting out supercars such as Porsches, Aston
Martins, Lamborghinis and Ferraris, with values as high as £200,000.
Insurance for self-drive hire operators has always been a specialist area, with
many insurers viewing such a sector as high risk. However, at Accidents Direct we
aim to provide self-drive hire insurance cover. Such a policy could have the following
- Competitive premiums with market-leading insurers
- No display premium adjustments or hidden costs
- No complicated operators manual
- Choice of Comprehensive, Third Party Fire & Theft, Third Party only or Contingent
- No minimum premium
- Our own dedicated claims support team which will help and advise you every step
of the way
Self-drive hire insurance schemes can be hard to swallow, but our friendly and capable
staff will help with any inquires you may have.
We can also help you comply with increasingly difficult legislation and European
directives, thus decreasing your operating costs and containing expenses in a competitive
Risk management plays a huge part in the protection of assets and the reduction
in liability issues. The self-drive hire insurance industry is no different, and
our team will help you along with practical and efficient advice, to help you settle
a realistic risk management plan.
Prestige and Performance cars for self-drive hire:
- Maximum value – We will consider higher value vehicles, but if not acceptable under
the first policy, it may be possible to arrange a separate excess value cover.
- Types of cars – We can arrange self drive hire insurance cover from all ranges of
cars, from a Ferrari to BMWs.
- Age restrictions – This depends on the vehicle group and value, but usually drivers
need to be aged over 25 but under 70 years of age. The lower age limit may change
to 30 years for certain types of high performance cars.
Like for like car:
Most car insurers will offer a courtesy car if you make a claim on your insurance
policy following a car accident. However, at Accidents Direct we are different,
because we believe that our non fault accident victims should have a life-for-like
We understand that after a crash, the last thing you want is to be driving a car
you are not familiar with. Therefore, our policy allows your expectations to be
Prestige car hire can include unlimited mileage, insurance for collision, theft,
24 hour breakdown recovery and road fund licence. The car hire does not include
a certain insurance damage excess deposit, damage excess waiver option and congestion
The documentation needed when selecting a hire care is:
- A valid debit or credit card for security and damage/fuel deposit (£250-£600 payment
by credit/debit card on collection of rental car).
- Driving licence that must be valid for driving in the UK.
- A current, valid, full driving licence (and paper counterpart for UK new photo licences)
for each selected driver.
- Photo ID for each intended driver e.g. Passport or Photo Driving Licence